Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vacation

I took a vacation. From blogging. Oh, and we went to Disneyland too.

I didn't take a single picture. Not even with my cell phone.

Shocked? I made a command decision that I wanted to have hands free to enjoy Max without wrestling with a camera. Maybe I should be sad, but I'm not. We had the most fun ever. We got to hang with Aunt Crystal, eat a live (well, it was until we picked it out of the tank and the guy threw it into the steamer) crab, visit my grandpa, go to the beach (where Pearl got wet in the waves for the FIRST TIME EVER), attend the singles ward (Pearl was so nervous Jared and I were going to get kicked out, because we were married... I didn't have the heart to tell her that kids weren't allowed either!) and have days of fun at Disneyland. Max loved Small World (of course), Casey Jr (train man) and the forever favorite Astro Blasters. His version of that ride was to hold the gun and continuously shoot the laser into his eye... one time he even ended up with 1000 points, I have no idea how! He also loved the Jungle Cruise... his favorite part was the piranhas, he kept signing more and saying "ish, ish" when we passed. He also liked to point out things and say "uh" until finally he was too overwhelmed and just waved his pointer around saying "ahhhhhhh!" Sam was super brave and tried new rides like Space Mountain (after which he exclaimed to me "Pearl was REALLY RIGHT!!!! That ride is TOO SCARY!!!!"), Thunder Mountain, and Tower of Terror (both of the kids were angry at Crystal for taking them on that one. Jared and I laughed the whole time). Pearl really enjoyed her time with Crystal, especially the last hour of the day when they got to go off by themselves without stinky boys, how cool is that?

It really was a fun vacation. It's funny how now we are a big enough family to make quite the vacation on our own... we loved it. Goodbye, Disneyland! See you in a few years!

2 comments:

The Gilberts said...

Sounds like fun! Way to go, bringing another adult--- that is totally my plan.

Sarah D said...

Kudos on not taking any pics and enjoying just being in the moments! I know what a hard thing that is to do when you love to take pictures :)