Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ragnar with the Crazies

Ragnar is here.  I leave on Thursday night.  I am SOOO EXCITED!!!!  I'm even more excited today than yesterday because today we had a dropout and MARA took their place!!!  Wahooo for me!!!!  She is such a champ, she will have absolutely no time to train (my last run is tomorrow, and that's iffy, I should probably be resting, but I'm a glutton for punishment... plus I ate a lot today...) and she's dropping everything and spending her time finding a sitter for her girls friday because she is the BEST SISTER EVER:)  And she really wants one of these cool pink skirts I designed for our team:

So, what this means for me is.... I'm switching one of my shorter runs for her long run... so now I get to run a total of 20.5 miles.  That's right.  2.7, 9.3, then 8.3.  That's fine, because I'm a rockstar.  And believe it or not, she'll still have to run something like 14 miles total.  Actually, I like 8 mile runs... I get into the rhythm of it and I like the feeling of being all alone for an hour and a half.  Weird.  If I had read this 6 months ago, I would have been sure I was reading the wrong blog.   

Ask me after this weekend if I really want to run a full marathon.  I'm saying if I can do 20 miles in 36 hours, I could totally do a full.  Just once.  To say I did it.  In case anyone will think that's cool:)

It's sure making that next half marathon I've signed up for look nice... only 13.1:)  

2 comments:

Charene said...

You are a rockstar!! I'm sure you'll do great even with the longer distances!

I'm doing CIM for the same reason, just to do it once. I know it won't be easy in any way, shape or form. I wish it weren't on Sunday and we could do it together. It would be much more fun that way.

How cool that you get to run this with your sister. And to think another spot opened up and I couldn't jump in. Next time we will have to plan better and be on the same team!

Your skirts are adorable!!

Maryann said...

I will think it's cool. You are a rockstar. And I can't wait to see a picture of those skirts in action. Go Amy!!!!!!!