Friday, January 30, 2009

Potty Training Follies...

So, Sam has been accident free as far as urine goes for about a week now. We're still working on BM - this may not be appropriate for a public audience, but I want to remember it...

So, every time he has an accident, I tell him very firmly how sad I am and that POOP DOES NOT GO IN HIS UNDERWEAR...well, this afternoon, he figured out another way - Pearl came downstairs to tell me he pooped on the floor - that's right, his pants and underwear were off, but the poop was on the (thankfully hardwood) floor - he seemed to think it was a success, I think because I didn't get quite as angry - probably out of sheer tiredness. I had to stop him from getting a potty treat for it - he's thinking, well, I didn't put it in my underwear!!!! What do you do?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice this post doesn't have a picture. Pardon me if I laugh, you see it's you and not me.
Mom H

Anonymous said...

I think that was an entirely logical approach. Gosh mom! What do you want from him?

Elizabeth said...

lol...very entertaining...I know this will probably happen to me one day, and hopefully I will find as much amusement in it then as I find this now...