Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer fun with Auntie Amy

So, we had Cumorah over to play today. Just to illustrate the differences between Cumorah's mother and me, when my kids went over to swim in the kiddie pool under Maryann's supervision, they were decked out in their matching swim outfits, had on hats, and were sunscreened to the max for 15 minutes of pool time. At my house, I dragged the pool to the shade and removed all non-essential clothing items and let them have at it. As we see, Sam is in his (now very full of water) diaper, Cumorah lost her overalls (the shirt remained for the sake of modesty), and Pearl, who is old enough to know that this is very wrong, was sent in by herself to find her bathing suit. When she couldn't find her bottoms, she was instructed to just wear her underwear (they were Ariel, how appropriate). Despite the lack of decorum, they had a great time!
Anyone who knows me knows that I hate feet. They are stinky, smelly, and dirty. I can only handle my own feet when the toenails are painted (something that Pearl has already picked up on, our toes always look fabulous). Poor Sam has the biggest fattest ugliest feet ever, and I thought it was just a boy thing. Having Cumorah here this summer has made me aware that it's not just a boy thing, it's a Hulbert thing. Sorry, Cumorah. (Sam is on the right, Cumorah on the left)

2 comments:

Maryann said...

Hey, I do have some pictures of Sam and Cumorah in the pool with all of their clothes on drinking the nasty slimy water. We're not always that different. Besides, you were a mom first and you taught me most of the mommy stuff I know.

Jayson & Sara said...

Feet.....I remember trying to freak you out while you were sitting on the couch by putting my feet near you...sorry. I kind of hate feet too.