Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thank you, auntie Maryann!!!


So, the only Auntie and Uncle that Pearl and Sam are not seeing this year are Maryann and Brian, who live too far away and have too many babies to brave the airport system in iffy winter weather. There are a lot of things I love about Maryann, I think mostly because we have such different talents. Can you believe the tutu she made for Pearl? She is a very resourceful student! And, the one thing I complain about the hulberts is their UTTER lack of time sense, but I think the kids appreciated the presents much more than they would have amidst the craziness of Christmas day. She also knitted Sam a super hero cape, which he excitedly ran around with shouting "I a superhero, I can save the day" for about a minute, until he decided that the box was an even better toy. When he couldn't fit inside it, he tried to put it on his head...we're definetly not ready to leave home yet. Pearl really enjoyed her photo shoot, especially the part where I asked her to dance on the table. What a ballerina! I have to mention why she's laughing so hard...she likes to make up her own jokes, that only she and her friend Makayla think are funny. The joke of today was...what do monkeys eat when they don't like bananas anymore? Ostriches! I'm still not sure where her sense of humor comes from...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Thank you so much for posting pictures of Pearl. I love it! I'm so glad she likes the tutu. (Great idea, putting her up on the table like that, the background looks cool for the pics) Mom has your present if she hasn't already given it to you. That one was actually there on time, I just told her to wait for the other ones...
And no I'm not referring to the little people minivan. I'm referring to the purple, $1,100 minivan previously owned by a smoker with 8 children. I'm not touching it until Brian takes it somewhere to have someone else clean out the french fries... Gotta love being a med student's wife.