Sunday, September 5, 2010

War.

I am at war. It's the end of the season, and the aphids are once again NOT my friend. Those little buggers just give me the willies and what's worse, they're almost impossible to get rid of. You leave just one tiny bug alive and tomorrow you have about a million.

Usually by this time of year, I'm about gardened out and the pests pretty much have their way because I'm tired of zucchini and I just rip them out when they get too infested. Not this year. This year everything went in late and I'm still sad about it and darn it, we're going to get every day out of this growing season that I can!

So after a weird mood led us to the pet store (and ultimately to a fish, that's another post) we found a solution. The calvary. The ladybugs. We told Sam they were his pets, and he took good care to make them happy and give them lots of aphids to eat but he didn't name them because there were just too many. (as in, 2000).
Ooh, nothing makes me happier then seeing the troops hard at work!
Happy little ladybugs, stay, stay!!!!


2 comments:

Lynn said...

Those same nasties got to our tomatoes and peppers last fall, and they were winning too, until we put in the cilantro. Within a week we were free of pests! Plus then we had our final ingredient for salsa. Good luck. We just planted today for our fall garden.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is eeeeewe! And good luck! :0)