Friday, March 25, 2011

Pearl Sews

Remember my new years resolutions? Well, it was Lizzie's 5th birthday, and Pearl and I decided it was a good day to make sleeping bags for Felicity and Lizzie's birthday doll, Ashleigh. Instead of a party, Liz got to have Pearl spend the night, so we figured the sleeping bag would be appropriate. Off we went to the fabric store (technically the back corner of Grandma Hulbert's office) and thanks to some velcro I had on hand, we got to start sewing right away. We recently made a quilt in girl scouts, and Pearl had sewn Felicity's quilt and mattress with her grandma, so she's gotten pretty good with a sewing machine. I made the sleeping bags, but Pearl made the pillows and sewed them onto the bags ALL BY HERSELF - no joke. She sewed, stuffed, tucked and topstiched those pillows.


And, it's safe to say, that they were a big hit! The dolls were cozy, and everone was happy (except poor Katie, I'll have to find an excuse to make her one soon:)
Check for me!

No comments: