Monday, May 30, 2011

Near Death Experience.

We had a near death experience today. We're all fine, but our fish, Mickey, may be a little worse for the wear.

The kids were all inside, Pearl was doing her piano lesson and I was outside vacumming the car, when I hear Pearl sobbing, and Sam comes outside yelling something. Reluctantly, I go inside to check it out (I hate leaving a job unfinished!). Once I got to the door, I realized there was a real problem, because Sam kept saying "Max killed Pearl's fish!!!" I ran through the house, knowing exactly what happened (he's gotten close to dumping the tank before). I pass Pearl on the piano, asking her "where is he?" but she's too hysterical to answer. I get to her room and find a very guilty looking Max and a fish flopping around on the carpet. "Pearl get me some water, QUICK" Pearl - "BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO FIND ANY!!!!" Luckilly, she had half an old school water bottle on her desk, so I quickly put it and Mickey (yes, I picked the fish up with my hands, gross gross, I love my kids that much!) in the tank and rushed to the kitchen. Amazingly, he recovered nicely, along with the two water snails that share his tank. Pearl says "It's a MIRACLE!!!!" Yes, dear, it's a miracle. Poor fish. He's already been with us for 10 months (which is a record) and if he makes it through this, I'm a believer. She then finished her piano lesson, composing a song about the miracle. Funny kid.

Max seems to be untouched by all the reprimands, though he did keep saying "Mickey, Mickey" and signed sorry to Pearl whenever he was asked to. I don't think his memory is quite long enough to avoid a repeat, I think Mickey will have to find a new (higher) home:)

1 comment:

The Gilberts said...

Whew, That title gave me a scare!

I'm glad the fish is okay and hopefully Max and the fish are on good terms again? lol ;)