Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School

First day of school... and no tears were shed:) To be fair, I was busy worrying about Sam, who was the last (ok, 2nd to last) kid off of the playground after the bell rang, and who got so caught up in meeting the boy behind him in line he almost didn't make it into the classroom.

I spent much of the day worrying about a call from the school (like that ever happens) then... the phone rang... luckilly, it was Pearl's teacher because for some reason Pearl didn't know how she was supposed to get home. Silly Pearl. Of course I made you ride the bus on the first day:)

While the kids were at school, Max and I had an AMAZINGLY productive morning. I forgot how easy one kid is. People were still looking at me sympathetically because I'm obvously very pregnant with a 2 year old... but they don't realize how hard it COULD have been:)

So here are the pictures... Max demanded his backpack too, and had to join in... he was a little sad when he couldn't play on the playground, but he got over it ok. I have about 5 more minutes until the bus comes... good, good day:)




Pearl was very helpful in showing Sam the ropes... she's king of the campus now. I'm glad they'll have one year together before she heads off to the big school. Love my big kids! So happy for them, here's hoping they have a great school year!

3 comments:

Lora said...

Cute kids! I can't believe how BIG they are! Sniff. Sniff. I think I am going to cry for you. I hope they have an AWESOME year!

Jayson & Sara said...

Oh they're so big! Breaks my heart, but I'm glad it was a good day!

Anonymous said...

How cute are your kids? I mean, really?!?! Super cute! It's nice that they can go to school together. This year Sierra and Brooke are at school at the same time and for the same duration. I'm soo happy about that. I always loved seeing one of my siblings while I was at school. Gave me kind of a sense of security.