Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blessing.

We decided to have Ruby's blessing during sacrament meeting the same day the children had their primary program. Pearl was asked to play "I am a Child of God" for the children to sing, so I told my parents if they came to the primary program I wouldn't invite them to the recital. Lucky them. (She did absolutely amazingly fabulous, by the way, she even followed the conductor and everything, I was so proud of her!). Anyways, it was a busy morning, we have early church and live about half an hour away from the building. I got up and got myself ready, got the boys ready, and at the last minute, got the baby dressed and sat down to feed her right before we left.
See? What a pretty dress! It's the same one that Pearl and most of the Weir girl cousins were blessed in... it's beautiful. She should have been honored to wear it.
She wasn't. Five minutes after I got it on her, she had her 2nd blowout in her entire life. Seriously. You wait until today? We had 10 minutes before time to leave, so I quickly slipped the burp cloth underneath her so she didn't get me, finished feeding, snapped a few pictures (yes, these were post-poop) and got her in one of her regular church dresses.
So, this is what she got blessed in. She's still adorable, and I daresay, much much cozier. Do I think she did it on purpose?
Yes. That is one smug little smile:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous blessing dress. Oh Amy! This post had me holding my stomach in laughter! I guess what pushed me over the edge was Ruby's smile in the last image and your comments which went with it!

Elizabeth said...

Totally did it on purpose...she got what she wanted!