Saturday, November 26, 2011

Twins

For years, one of the joys of my life has been dressing Sam and Max in matching outfits. Every Sunday for church, probably since Max was 6 months old, they've been matching, or at least coordinating for church. In fact, their current outfits of khakis, long sleeved dress shirts, and matching ties is SO ADORABLE and I just haven't gotten around to taking a picture of it. But, I digress. I also love to put them in matching jammies. Such as seen in this fuzzy picture I snapped in the the dark in our hotel room without a flash (thus the fuzzy, I had to hold the camera still for like 2 whole seconds WHILE pulling the curtians back a bit... just enough to get the shot without waking them up...)

Anyways, one of the first things that Pearl asked me about when we found out we were having a girl, was could they wear matching outfits. Not so easy to do when there is a nine year age difference, as opposed to a three year one. But, I managed to find one (actually two) at Osh Kosh. Pearl is wearing the size below the largest available, and Ruby is wearing the size above the smallest available. And, of course, they were on clearance. Thank heavens for the internet! Ruby's been getting pudgy so I thought it was time to try the 3-6 month clothes... and this was the first outfit we had to try:)
These girls are so pretty they make my heart hurt.
And we see the full effect with the matching leggings:)
I think they love each other. Which is good. They'll be sharing a room for a while.
Love my girls! (so so fun that I can say "girls" instead of "girl" now!)

PS Don't tell Pearl but I did find them a pair of matching jammies for christmas!!!! She'll be so excited!!!!

3 comments:

Crystal Hulbert said...

I'm in love. I love your girls, too. That's super exciting that they get a matching outfit. I can't wait for our baby girls to meet each other some day...

Maryann said...

So that comment of Crystal's was really mine. Didn't realize she had taken over my computer recently...

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

So cute!!!! I'm hoping this nugget is a girl so that Caroline can have a little twinner too!!!