Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First Stitches...or something like that...

Poor Pearl! She got her first emergency room visit for an injury last night. She and Sam were playing, and I quote "ready set go cow jump over the moon" in the bathtub and she split her chin open. Of course, I was at mutual, and had to rush home to take her to the emergency room. We picked up Grandma Weir on the way, because Grandma works there so she knows all about hospitals:) We were so lucky, her gash was about an inch long and gaping, but it was a fairly straight line so she didn't have to get stitches, she got "magic glue that holds your face together." All in all, we were in and out much more quickly than I expected to be (we were only there for a few hours, amazing) and Pearl was so brave. Grandma did help keep her entertained by telling her all of the naughty things her Auntie Annie did when she was little... it really was entertaining. We didn't get home until midnight, so I thought she might want to sleep in a little, but she didn't want to miss out on her new excitement in life, riding the bus in the mornings with Makayla and Andi. Oh, to be 5 again! I must say, I am a bit surprised...I really thought Sam would be the first one at our house to need stitches:)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Poor Pearly!! She's so brave! Crazy that she's in Kindergarten already, but fun too. We miss you guys. I wish we could be there to hear all about Pearl's school.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh! Poor little thing, I am glad she is okay & it went fast. That can be so scary - I did it a couple months ago. I bet you are tired today!!

Maryann said...

I would've thought it would be Sam first, too. That would be fun to hear about all of the naughty things Annie did, but why Annie, why not you? I'm sure that would be entertaining as well.

Cool stuff, that magic glue that holds your face together.

Jayson & Sara said...

we just learned about stitching up scars...no picking!!! oops, all those scabs I picked when I was younger. I felt so guilty in class. Maybe that is too disgusting to comment about..oh well.

John & Lora said...

ready set go cow jump over the moon is my favorite game! Keep it real Pearl.