Saturday, September 20, 2008

Apple Hill with Grandma

I love fridays now. I have therapy in the morning, which means my house has to be clean. Once I'm done at noon, I'm ready to party. Last week we picked Dad up from work and went to see Space Chimps (I think Sam was in heaven, monkeys, rocketships, and a very large tub of popcorn for dinner!) This week, we decided to go to Apple Hill to ride the horses. My sisters weren't able to come, and Daddy had to work, so we made Grandma ditch the office and come with us. We were so lucky, we got there just in time to ride the horses. She only had two horses going, and we were the only two there. The kids loved it! Then we got our obligatory dozen apple doughnuts (which were decimated by 7:00 that evening and we wished we had more...)and kettle corn and caramel apples.


Sam on Pepper Pearl on Cheyenne (which she says is really the capitol of Wyoming...Kindergarten!)


A friend of ours showed up eating a box of dougnuts. It was hilarious watching Sam try to get one out of him... the conversation went something like this....Hi! I eating popcorn. (lean forward a litte more on the table...) Hi! (stare stare stare, inch a little closer) I have a doughnut? It was cute, but it didn't work. Sam was told by his mean mom no doughnuts until after dinner. So much for his amazing performance!

This is what Sam decided to do upon hearing that he couldn't have any doughnuts until after dinner - Forget this joint, I'm off! Um, I wonder how much closer I can get without getting into trouble...





Ok, just a little bit closer....

Grandma to the rescue!!!

Ok, this is mean, but I put this picture in just to make Maryann jealous! Ha, Ha, I have your mom to chase after my kids on random Fridays!!! (you know she loves it!)

2 comments:

Maryann said...

I agree, it is mean, but I forgive you. We actually went to the apple orchard today. Quite fun, except no Grammy. Cumorah did get to play in a corn pool though. Only in Iowa. Doesn't that make you jealous? No...I didn't think so.

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

Jack would LOVE the horses, Pearl looks so old now, last time we were at apple hill with you we had no Sam and a tiny pearl (with long hair) riding the horses...where did all that time go..can we go next friday? (Stinkin VT's:)...I want some doughnuts...