Sunday, September 7, 2008

Funky Tomato


I love my strange tomatoes! This year, we struggled to actually get some plants in that would live longer than a week, so by the time the weather calmed down and we figured out the watering situation, the tomatoes went in kind of late. So, we're just now getting the big harvest. I was so frustrated by the time I put the third round of plants into the ground, I just grabbed whatever was left at the nursery. I do love different colored tomatoes, but I think I went a little overboard this year, as we have very few red ones. We have a green with red stripe, a yellow, an orange and red stripe, and two red. It sure does make for a pretty salad! They are also all quite yummy. Sorry to make those of you who don't live close by jealous (ha ha ha more for us!)

No comments: