Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pearl's Photo Contest


So, as a school assignment, I had to give my kindergardener a digital camera (NOT my new one, for heavens sake!) and she was supposed to take a picture of "what Latrobe means to me." Well, 219 pictures were taken...real gems, I tell you. This part cracked me up the most. I figured if she went outside she'd HAVE to get something good...the first three pictures are some of what she took given the instructions "go to the back porch and take some pictures." It was hard not to laugh out loud as I scrolled through them...

So, after some more prompting, she did take this one. Out of the 219 pictures, this was the only reasonable one, so I enhanced the color and sent it off to the school. Well, she got honorable mention! In the K-3rd category - pretty impressive for a little kindergardener!
She has now taken possession of my old digital camera. She does come up with some real winners every once in a while. I guess that's just what it means to grow up with technology!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually like the first picture, it looks artsy.
Mom H