Friday, July 29, 2011

Birthday Party

I know what you're thinking. She is so pregnant, WHY are we haiving a party for a 2 year old? Well, it was just going to be cake and ice cream and homemade pizza, so I decided to invite the Weir clan up as well. Plus, it was Sara's last night here (she's been up working) so I thought it would be fun. And my grandpa recently moved in with my mom, and he's always asking about my house, so I thought he would like to see it. So, up they came. When Mom got here, she saw the cake and the dinner, and asked me if I was crazy. The answer... yes. I really don't know what possessed me. I did so good on Sam's party, we went somewhere else, had pizza at round table, I didn't even really take pictures. Sigh. Good thing we have no more birthdays until this baby comes (well, except Jared, sorry babe:)
The cake tops the crazy list. What has come over me this week? I have had this cool cake pan since Sam's first birthday, and it really is ADORABLE. Unfortunately, there's a little problem with the cakes coming out without falling apart, even when you use the recipe it comes with. I forgot, with Sam, I had to do a SECOND batch of batter and use a pound cake recipe. As the first cakelets came out all terrible, I cried and ran to the internet, but by then I was tired and everything else looked really hard... including the option where I went down to Sam's club for cupcakes. So, I went back... and once they cooled down a lot, the rest came out easier.
So, I glazed all the mistakes away and covered the whole thing with candy. Done. It's fine. Right?

At least Max approved... and he did get that it was a train. That's the whole point, right?

We really tried to blow, but ended up needing a little help from Sam (who was so helpful, he was blowing candles out before we started singing, stinker!)
All the kids just wanted to eat the candy. I don't think they actually ate cake. Next year, I'm putting a candle in a bowl of candy.
This is one of my favorite things he does... he's been doing it since he was really little. Whenever you ask "where" something is (in this case, the presents), he puts his hands up. Now that he's verbal he's added a "don't know?" Well, Sam knew where they were, and he was HAPPY to help:) In fact, today he was HAPPY to help Max play with all his new toys!
Happy Birthday, sweet pea! Off to the train museum tomorrow to finish off the celebration! (ps, the train museum WAS supposed to be the whole party... what a sucker I am!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can totally tell that that's a train! Great job! I totally laughed when you said next year you're just putting the candle in a bowl full of candy. Too true! Too true! You're such an awesome mom, Amy! Kudos to you! Have fun at the train museum!

The Gilberts said...

Adorable Amy! who wouldn't love those little trains? I almost want to make them out of muffin mix just for the fun of eating them.