Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Progress Report

It's time. Time for new year's resolutions. No pressure on you, really, but even though it's kind of cliche I think it's a good idea. First, a progress update on last year...

1. I will cook a healthy dinner for my family at least 3 (I was going to put 4, but let's be real here) nights a week even when Jared is out of town. Progress: goal partially met. Continue. (this is how I word my speech reports... weird) I think I did 3 nights. I say this becuase I had a baby and I really don't remember... but it's still a good goal.
2. Take Taekwondo with the kids and finish the year with a green belt. (that's two belts up... hopefully I can do that!) Progress: Goal MET!!! WOOO HOOO!!!
3. Keep my buisness up, which I love! Progress: goal met:) Wasn't that hard, I love it!
4. Go out on a date (a real one with a babysitter and lipstick) at least once a month (I was going to put week, but let's be reasonable, chances are he'll be gone 2 weekends a month) with my husband. I kind of like him. Progress: Goal not met; continue. Yeah. I'm pretty sure we went out like 6 times this year. That's 50% accuracy:)
5. Get a good picture of each of my children at least once a month. Progress: Maybe? I'll have to look back. I know I got one of Max and Ruby every month, once again, 50% accuracy, eh?
6. Help Pearl sew 2 american girl doll outfits. (and if I don't make it, I'll have to buy four. That's the deal... Pearl probably prefers that I fail on this one... but it would be better for her and for me if we sewed together) Progress: Goal exceeded. So much so, that I ended up "needing" the serger that my super awesome mother in law bought me for christmas. And I've started making Ruby's clothes. I think a monster has been created:)

Ok, new goals:
1. Read my scriptures every day. Yes, it's time to add that one to the list again.
2. Make it to red belt by the end of this year:) This one might be a stretch... I'll have to work really hard.
3. Make it to my lifetime weight watchers goal so I don't have to pay anymore. That's 25 pounds from now, no big deal, right?
4. Go out with Jared once a month. I think that would be an appropriate goal to continue. This time, I'm going to schedule a babysitter TONIGHT for a once a month saturday job.

Once again, good luck to me and good luck to you:)

2 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Awesome Amy. I've been thinking I should do something like that this year. Haven't done it since I was a kid :) And add this month a photo a day with me! Come on!

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

wow i do feel a little guilty. Such good goals. And I call last years report a HUGE success. Good job keeping the tradition going.