Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thinking

Ruby is crawlng... yeah!!!!  Since our last PT appointment, I have really focused on making sure she has at least an hour a day of PT with me, this morning I trained Sherry so she can take 20 minutes here or there.  It really is making a difference.

Now that I have Ruby under control, the next kiddo that needs my attention is Sam.  We have a meeting with the school next week, and I'm nervous about what they will want to do with him.  I know he has attention issues, I'm pretty sure he has difficulty with auditory processing, and for sure fine motor skills.  So, I've been thinking of things I can do with him at home, though, I must be honest, it's such a chore just to get his homework done I don't know where I can fit anything else in.  I ordered some materials for The Listening Program, which is a set of CD's that's supposed to help the brain process sound better.  That's an hour a day of just listening, though he can play legos while he does it, I'm not sure if he can read while doing it.  I've been thinking I need to do Handwriting Without Tears with him, and that is another 15 minutes per day.  So, this process leads to this... there is not enough time in the day.  Am I going to have to homeschool him?

Panic.  Panic.  Panic.  There would go ALL of my freedom.

But, if that's what he needs, it's what I'll do.  Sigh.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Kino Force of Freedom said...

You are an amazing mom, I know that you can handle anything that comes your way!

The Gilberts said...

I feel ya with "not enough hours in the day"... I was musing over this problem in my life, and reflected that I felt this way with barely 2 kids, now 3 kids, and yet we continue to grow, add a little more... and somehow manage... I dunno, like magic, things just work out. Thoughts and prayers for you guys... I didn't know all that stuff was happening with Ruby! Keep up the good work and the faith!