Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Fun

We have had a lot of Halloween Fun this week. On Friday night, the school had it's annual Harvest Festival, and I volunteered to work the games. It was fun for the kids to see their friends in costume, and it was fun for me to meet some of the other moms at the school. Then, Saturday night, our neighborhood had it's annual hay ride trick or treat. It was really fun. In our neighborhood, the lots are all 10 acres, so you can imagine trying to walk it. So, we got about 5 trailers loaded with hay and families and took off around the neighborhood. It was fun for the kids - I don't think we have to worry that they won't get enough candy this year! It was also fun to get to know our neighbors better, especially now that Pearl is in school.








In preparation for the neighborhood outing, we carved pumpkins. Well, actually, Jared carved pumkins with the kids while I was at the school setting up on Friday afternoon. He's great to do activities like that with the kids. He pushes them harder than I do, so they end up doing more by themselves - often more that I think they could. They had a great time and made a BIG mess!

No comments: