Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stuff.

1. Max is 9 months old now... I'm going to try to take pictures tomorrow. Let it suffice to say that he has stolen my heart and adds light to my life.

2. I gave Max some birthday cake tonight. Not just any birthday cake... rainbow cake with so much dye I'm surprised all of our teeth weren't green. He highly approved. This makes me feel slightly guilty, I NEVER would have fed Pearl frosting at 9 months! I guess this just makes me Worst Mom of the Year (or Best, if you look at it from Max's point of view).

3. I planted potatoes today. Purple ones. I feel like a real farmer. I also planted beets, but first I had to ask Sherry if we like beets. I think I've only had canned ones, fresh ones should be much better, right?

4. My amazing studly husband put in an 11 hour day in the garden. We are up to a total of 3 filled beds. Unfortunately, we have no fence yet so anything I put in would end up as a deer buffet, so today I mostly planted seeds (hope the fence will be up by the time they sprout...)

5. I made lasagna for a women's shelter with 20 7 year old brownie girl scouts this week. I think that makes up for feeding Max cake.

6. Last night I made a stir fry from the bok choi I had planted in my window boxes. Talk about feeing like a super homemaker! Don't worry, it didn't last. I'm pretty sure my sink is dirty right now.

7. Went to lunch with Jared and the boys on Friday. I love watching Jared with his boys. Those are my men (big and small). Max ate 1/5 of a cheeseburger and fries. Did I mention he only has two teeth? Not sure how he's doing it...

8. I bought Oreos because Sam asked for them in the grocery store. Sucker. Why does he have to be so dang cute!

9. In one day I made 5 pounds of meat worth of meatballs and 2 full flats (3 gallons pureed) of strawberry jam. I was tired after that.

I think that's it. I'll try to get pictures up next time:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.