Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eating Out

Jared has now been gone for 2 1/2 weeks. This week has been particularly bad, we have eaten out once every day this week. As a result...

1. I'm pretty sure I've gained 5 pounds.

2. I'm pretty sure all the resturants in Folsom and Cameron Park have started cringing when they see me walk in with two big kids and a baby and a floppy seat on my hip.

3. The mess is pretty out of control. I feel a bit embarassed, but then I remember the carnage that has once again escaped my kitchen floor, and I decide I don't care.

4. Pearl has gotten progressively weirder in her salad bar choices. Last night, pickled beets were added to the cottage cheese/sunflower seed/broccoli/canned peach/italian dressing mixture. Tonight she tried a jalapeno. Oops. I was too occupied with the boys to prevent that one.

5. Max has new loves - sliced olives, peas, and watermelon were only recently supplanted by red jello jigglers. Pretty much sure he and I are permanently stained with red dye number 5.

6. I don't think I remember how to cook anymore. Sorry honey. Maybe month long business trips aren't such a good idea.

7. On the bright side, Jared, apparently has lost weight. I guess a mixture of Montezuma's revenge, korean food choices losing their "this is really cool and weird" appeal, and working super late and having no car in a small korean town have taken their toll. So maybe he'll be grateful for whatever I do make even though I'll be a month out of practice:)

No comments: