Thursday, July 8, 2010

Surviving.

Right now here on the Ranch, we have two great grandparents, two grandparents, one single auntie, and two mommies with three kids each. What are we missing, you wonder? Daddies. We have a distinct lack of Dads around here at the moment. Don't worry, it's theoretically a good thing, it means they are working hard and providing for us and making a great life and future for their families. It's just that they aren't exactly here doing those things. Sometimes, though, we mommies do what we have to do to survive.

What's the worst time of day? Well, I think, and I think Maryann agrees, it's the end. We're used to the beginnings and middles with no help, it is at the end when the children and the mommies have had enough of each other, and daddies are supposed to intervene. No such luck.
So what do we do? We get them all cleaned and jammied and ride bikes on the basketball court until they're good and tired then we send the little darlings to bed and congratulate ourselves on making it through another day.
This particular evening I had the brilliant idea to bring the walkers into play. So, on went the Robeez (cringe, they're trashed but they sure did the job) and the babies felt like part of the gang!

Helmets. And pants under nightgowns (well, for Maryann's girls). And closed toe shoes. 'Cause nothing ruins some good end of the day down time like an injury. Brian, be proud, your wife is very safety conscious.


I'm not sure what he was singing, but he sure was happy about it!
Well, it's kind of like a train.


Well, at least if we aren't going to have Dads, we have COUSINS!!! Thank heavens!

2 comments:

Taylorbriguy said...

I don't know how you find time to take all these pictures, edit them, and post them... I sure am grateful though. I'm very pleased to see so much helmet wearing. Sidon looks like he was enjoying being out there with the gang. I can't wait to come home and see everyone again!

Amy said...

How did I find time? I told my kids it was very late and time for bed at 7:45 last night:)