Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt in the RAIN!!!

We prayed for good weather. We set up in a slight drizzle because the weatherman said it wouldn't rain until 1:00. At 9:30, we thought we were home free. At 9:45, our friends started to show up. At 9:48, it started to rain. Fortunately, I had several large sun umbrellas out, the kids were all decked out in rain jackets, and the rain played hide and seek for the next hour or so. The kids all had great fun anyway...


This was Pearl hiding the eggs. The sweater that really goes with this dress is short sleeved and pink. I have tried to get her to wear it with this green sweater before, but she wouldn't have it, always picking another dress instead. Today, however, she realized the futility of it all, and decided to listen to her mother:)
Sam was having a hard time while the eggs were being hidden. "no Sam, it's not time to put them in your basket yet!"
Pearl was so excited to see her cousins!
Don't these bunny ears make you laugh? These little ones were taking shelter in the porch overhang and eating muffins (of which I made 7 dozen, still have about 4 dozen left...). I was so glad my sisters came all that way for 45 minutes of hanging out outside in the rain!

All in all, I was glad we went ahead and did it. We had a fairly decent turnout, despite the weather. The kids loved it (even though we didn't hide the eggs as well this year, too afraid it was going to pour any minute....) My friends Hoalli and Sherri brought crafts for the kids to do, which were a big hit. Now I just need Julia to come help me finish cleaning up my kitchen...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam wasn't a bunny he was a kangaroo, he told me so.
Mom H