Saturday, April 25, 2009

Food while mom is gone

Amy left me to go to a conference for nerdy SLP's in Fresno.  So I have to care for the kids.  Instead of eating out at asian restaurants I experimented with cooking asian food.  I tried to make like rice coated steamed meatballs.  It worked.  The kids loved them.  They weren't very good in all honesty.  Beef instead of pork, brown jasmine rice instead of short sticky white rice. I didn't soak the rice overnight, etc.  But it still worked.  So next time they will be awesome.

Today we had wraps with lavash bread (cross between pita and tortilla) with tuna, cucumbers, fresh dill, cottage cheese and hummus.    Pretty good.

Last night we were waiting for mom to call us so we had a few minutes to kill.  I let the kids watch the Thailand episode of Bizarre Foods.  Sam loved it.  He thought it was so cool that they ate grasshoppers, ants, worms, sea snails, crabs, fish gut sauce, and lizards.

No comments: