Thursday, August 13, 2009

6 Flags Discovery Kingdom

Yes, I'm here to prove two hypothesis - the first, that I'm totally insane, and the second, that the third child has a life nothing like the first...

We took the kids to 6 flags in Vallejo on the last friday before school started. We have been talking about it all summer, so, we just decided to do it. Yes, Max came, and he was only 9 days old.

I spent the first little bit about to cry with the craziness of it all, then Jared fed me lunch, I fed the baby and got him in the front pack so the big kids could have the stroller and I could have hands free for the camera, and we were good to go!
Thomas land - we had a universal consensus that our cousin Jack would have LOVED this place!

My favorite part - the butterfly house. Pearl was told she couldn't touch the butterflies, but it would be ok if one landed on her. So, this is her, just waiting for a butterfly to land...

Trying a little harder...

The kids were just as interested in the animals as they were the rides. Fun age.
Super cool - they got to ride the elephant Tava. Pearl wasn't sure about this, but when it was over she kept saying how she LOVED that ride! (good, because it was expensive!)
One of my favorite parts - the Shouka the Whale show. Sam thought it was cool for like the first 5 minutes, then he was ready to move on...
I actually took a turn on the rides with the kids this time - Jared had Max, the backpack, the camera bag, and the stroller so I could play. Quite studly of him.


We had a great time - though, I'm not sure I would advise amusement parks in general for someone less than two weeks after having a baby... the things I do for my kids!

2 comments:

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

I am so jealous, I hope it doesn't close soon, after tims takes his test we are so there...I mean Thomas live come on!!!

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

You crack me up! What a good husband you have to make sure "that if mama's happy, everybody's happy" LOL CUTE!! 9 days after birth... you're not human. You're Wonder Woman. Lucky kids.