Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blessing Day

We decided to bless Max the same day we celebrated Jared's birthday, so we did it at the house on sunday evening. That way, I only had to cook dinner once...
Our new family picture - we're getting so big!


Everyone loves to hold a baby...


Especially grandpa!


I'm not very good at writing things down about the blessing, I think I've lost a lot of brain cells since the college days, however, I do remember that Jared promised him that he would make friends easily and be an example. It's funny how different phases in life affect you differently. If he had promised that to Pearl, I don't think I would have appreciated it as much as I do now that we have two school age children making friends outside the home. It is an important skill, and one that can bless many lives.


I had to have Mara get a picture of this - Lizzie settled right in at Grandpa Hulbert's house (she probably appreciates Gary now that she thinks Jared is cool - growling and all...) and each child had their own adult to read to them. As the grandkid pool grows, who knows how much longer that will last!


Proud papa! Here's to another Hulbert man in the making!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a happy day! I wish we'd been able to bless at home, we've had more than one bishop who liked to invite the moms up to bear their testionies afterwards, luckily I found that hiding out in the mother's lounge took care of that. I love that Pearl is wearing a tiara, so cute.

garian said...

Awww, Max looks so cute in his blessing outfit. How nice to have it at your house.