Saturday, February 13, 2010

California

We have cousins all over the country. I have a brother in New York and a brother in Provo. Jared has siblings in Provo and Des Moines. We, live in California.

Do you know what the weather is like in those places today? Well, in New York, the high is 32 degrees (not very high, if you ask me) and it is overcast. In Des Moines, it's 29 and snowing (Brrr!!!). In Provo, it's 39 with some slushy snow.

In Shingle Springs, it's sunny with a high of 62. That's right folks. That, my friends, is the reason people pay large sums of money to live here. If you have small children, I'd say it's definitely worth it.
While our cousins are bundled up inside or shoveling snow or whatever you do when the weather is 30 degrees, we went outside at 8:00 this morning and played in our newly filled sandbox.
Only in California do they stock play sand in February. The weather has been so nice lately, I decided it was time for our yearly supply. Jared pointed out (oh so constructively) that it IS still rainy season, and I merely reminded him that the sandbox has a cover. And, with days like this here and there, it's worth keeping the cover on so Sammy has something to do outside on sunny afternoons besides climb rock piles, get wet in random puddles, and get lost (all activities of this week.)
Yeah for California!!!!


2 comments:

Maryann said...

When it is 30 degrees here in Des Moines, we are ecstatic. It's a beautiful day!!! We went out grocery shopping and didn't even bother wearing our hats and gloves. In fact, I didn't even wear a coat. Weather in the 30's is a heat wave. Of course, it wasn't actually snowing yet when we went out. And yes they do go out and shovel snow sometimes on the weekend with Brian. Me, I'm a wimp, I stay inside.

And let me just say I am so excited to be coming to CA. Though I am a little sad that we are missing spring here. It's not fair to endure all that winter and miss the Spring.

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

I heart California. And sand being in stock during February. And lids for sandboxes. And... the list goes on and on. Sounds like you've had a busy week, full of fun activities. Stock up on sand, it never stays in the box.