Thursday, February 11, 2010

Six Month Doctor Visit

My poor baby. He woke up at 5:30 this morning, puked up all his milk on his mommy, and had to take a shower with me. Then he didn't really nap because we had to get kids ready for school and take him to target and the doctor. He took a little nap in the car on the way to target, did NOT transfer to the comfy bed I made him in the stroller. He was good and happy for the doctor, but by the time the nurse came in to give shots he was a bit hysterical. After picking up Sammy and feeding him lunch, he FINALLY got to nurse and go to bed - that kid better sleep for 3 hours!!!
Anyway, my big baby is gone. Instead I have a 16 lb 7 ounce 25% baby. He's 25% for height and 23% for head circumference. So, though he is small, he is perfectly proportioned. He is still happy and mellow, we are so lucky to have such a good baby.
His favorite things in life are his daily bottle of pear juice, chewing on ANYTHING, but especially straps, and crinkly plastic bags. He's already starting that "I don't want it if it's actually a toy" phase, and nursing is sometimes a wrestling match because he is so torn by what he wants to do more... eat or see what's going on! He's VERY close to sitting on his own, but not so much a roller yet. He has started to make vocalizations for the purpose of social communication (I know, I'm a speech geek. Other people think he's just screaming for joy). Love love love this boy, which is good, because every once in a while I reflect on how easy life would be with just two kids... good thing #3 is so adorable, I couldn't live without him!

2 comments:

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

enjoy the 16 lbs, I have a feeling Scott is going to follow in Jacks footsteps (21 lbs at 6mos...just wrong!) He looks like the happiest 6 mo old ever in those pictures!!! Good thing you didn't stop with Sam:)

Jayson & Sara said...

He IS such a cutie! Can't wait to get my hands on him soon! So much of what he does reminds me of everything Mara likes and does too. I'm excited to take another side by side picture too!