Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sealing

I have been wanting to post about Maya's sealing that Jared and I were able to go to last week. I didn't want to steal Lora's thunder, but I decided I needed some of these pictures on my blog to remember too.

For those of you who don't know, I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We believe that families will be together forever, even after we die, if we live righteously and are sealed in the temple. When Jared and I got married, we were sealed for all eternity, and by default, any children we have are sealed to us as well. My brother and sister in law are unable to have children, but were recently able to adopt a little girl. So, since she was not born to them, they were able to take her to the temple and be sealed to her. It is a very sacred ceremony, simple and sweet. It was beautiful, I felt our Heavenly Father's love so strongly (I'm tearing up just thinking about it now). I know that this little girl was meant to be with them.
The fun part for me (other than the fact that I got to leave my older kids for a whole weekend) was that I got to take pictures! I had a great time:)


And now they are a forever family. Doesn't that just make you happy?

1 comment: