Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Belt Test

Pearl, Jared and I had our latest belt test a week and a half ago. Jared tested for his green belt, and Pearl and I tested for our senior green belt (green with a black stripe). It was fun to test with Pearl... I skipped a belt at one point, and was ahead of her, but she tested up while I was out with Ruby, so we've been in sync. I must say, she's getting a LOT better at remembering her forms, and just at Taekwondo in general. We started learning our new form last week, which is MUCH harder, and she actuallly remembered the part we'd been taught when she got home. So so good for her!

Lora wanted a weight loss picture, and since I'm really only down 6 pounds since she last saw me, this will have to do. I will say, I've lost enough weight that I finally got to buy a real uniform, in a size down from what I'd been using. It looks and FEELS so much BETTER!!!! I really see the difference in Jared when he wears his uniform too... really, his tummy used to fill out the dobok shirt pretty well, and now it's downright baggy (like it's supposed to be.) Yeah!


Master Yi made a big deal about how nobody else had their mother testing with them and how it was so special. I'm glad I get to do this with Pearl, though I wonder if the other mothers out there wish they could do it too, or if they're pretty sure I'm crazy. Maybe a little of both.

Pearl got to do some "promise fighting." She giggled and backed away the whole time:)
Pearl breaking her board:
So, here's to us. We can't wait to test for blue belt!!!!

No comments: