Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Dress

Sherry bought me a serger for Christmas. I think she's created a monster. Since I got it, I've made 2 skirts for Ruby, 3 for Pearl, 1 for Maya, 1 for Katie, and one for Lizzie. I've also made 2 dresses for Ruby and one for Nikki. Add to the list 12 little boy ties (only 6 for my boys, those are REALLY fun to make). I'm a little bit obsessed. What's so fun is that I can sew knits so easily, and I love how I really have the ability to finish off the projects so nicely. Add to all of this the part where Sherry likes to go to the thrift store on half off day and buy all the yards and yards of knit fabric... I have a mountain to work with:) I currently also have a 10 yard piece of yellow courdory in my dryer... oh the plans I have...

This was last night's project. I like my babies to wear comfy clothes. Usually this means onesies and knit pants or babylegs. But lo and behold my latest discovery: The onesie dress.
All one piece, cozy, comfy, and CUTE!!!! Plus it's a great way to use up the small pieces of cute fabric I have - this piece was all that was left of the dolly nightgowns Pearl and I made for her and Makayla for Christmas. I'm a fan.
And it looks like Miss Lu is too:)

No comments: