Sunday, February 26, 2012

Matching.

I have a thing with matching the boys. I love to get them matching jammies and they match EVERY sunday... now that I make ties, this is the uniform: khaki pants, either a blue or white shirt, and a tie. Today was Max's turn to pick, Sam prefers the stripey ties. They are always SO handsome:) Max even says so.

Pearl always wants to match with Ruby too, and this has been some of the impetus for some sewing projects. I mistakenly went to the local quilt shop on saturday after kickboxing... due to a sale, I HAD to buy at least 3 yards of fabric... so I got some to make the girls matching church outfits. As well as the fabric that I meant to go there for... that project isn't done yet, but this one is:
How cute are they? I started sewing at about 8:00 Saturday night, and was done by 10:00. I think Sherry will add some embellishment to Ruby's dress and maybe a headband for Pearl, but I made the girls wear them to church today anyway.

These girls are so pretty... and I love them so much. I'm SO glad Pearl got a sister to match with:)
Plus I get to feed my sewing addiction much more easily with a couple of little girls around!

4 comments:

Mary L. said...

Amy, I just love your blog! Your family is the cutest. I am so happy for all of you. Love you! Mary

Jayson & Sara said...

So fun Amy! And how fun that your kids LIKE to wear the things you make.

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only mother with OCD matching issues. :) I only wish I had another little girl for Caroline to match with! I love the ties! Bow ties are my new favorite sewing project. My boys have several matching ones now. :) Nice work! I love the girls' matching dresses. Such pretty little ladies!

Lora said...

Oh my lands! Those matching girls are to DIE for! Amy, you are some kind of crazy wonderful!