Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Girl Scout Activity


Today Pearl's girl scout troop met with an organization called Faithful Stewards that delivers meals to the homeless. Each girl in the troop brought part of a lunch and they put together about 25 lunches for the homeless. Pearl understood that they were giving food to "poor people." It was such a wonderful thing for the troop to do, I am really grateful that she has this opportunity to be involved not only in our little community (all the girls go to her very tiny school), but also in the greater community. I have also made lots of good friends with the other moms, which has been wonderful for me. Plus, isn't she adorable in her uniform?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Maryann said...

Seriously cute. I didn't know she was in girl scouts. I love it. I remember really liking girl scouts, except for the selling girl scout cookies part. I wasn't so good at that.

Anonymous said...

All Pearl had to do was give the cookie order form to all her relatives and Kelly in the office, easy.
Mom H

Anonymous said...

Who took that great photo?!?!?!??!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, she makes a cute girl scout. I'd buy cookies from her, especially whole wheat, sugar-free ones(does Uncle Mark read these posts or am I in the clear)?