Tuesday, June 2, 2009

When to give in...

When is it time for your three year old to stop napping? Well, today, I think I have my answer. Pearl went to a friend's house, and I had therapy this morning so I NEEDED some down time. So, I made him lay down. 2 hours later, he was still awake. When I gave in and opened his door to let him out, I almost cried. Every single flannel board piece I owned was in a pile near the bed, the therapy suckers were long eaten, and of course, we were wet. "Sam, where did you pee?" "Just here." "Sam, your bed is wet. Did you have two accidents? Take your pants off and run to the bathroom." As he runs away, "only one. Actually, two" So, the answer is, when the cleanup is more effort than laying on the couch and watching a kid movie (instead of a mom movie) for my "relaxing" time, it's time to give in.

No comments: