Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bethlehem Play

Oh, faithful readers, I know you have been waiting with bated breath for the pictures of our family nativity play... well, you need wait no longer!

We did the play at my mom's house on Christmas Eve. Everything was ready as soon as we walked in the door...
Jack the shepherd was already dressed and having a snack while he was waiting for his flock. (I made the costume, don't look too closely, but from far away it's fabulous and I spent like 15 minutes on it!)
Jared helped Sam get ready. Sam's costume is a real saudi outfit brought home to Jared by his dad from a business trip when he was a little boy. Now, Sam gets to wear it, and I'm sure it will continue to get much use as the grandkids continue to grow. You know, I make fun of Sherry for keeping so many random things, but I'm really glad she hung onto this one.
Ok, I know these pictures are focused on our wise men (we hung a wise men blanket, we didn't have enough actors) instead of Joseph and Mary, but they were just so funny. I have no idea what they were laughing at, but they sure were happy!
I think they really do love each other! Mary was very sweet and reverent with baby Jesus. Joseph poked his eyeballs out.
Pearl, oh Pearl, she was a beautiful angel, but it is so hard to get a good picture of her anymore! What a pose!
And, the sheep. I think it's safe to assume they had no idea what was going on... which made them pretty appropriate sheep, actually.
And cousin Mara... so cute. If you see her walking around in New York in her hat, you'll know it's definitely my niece!
I was so sad this pic was out of focus... I was in a rush, I had just missed Katie pulling off her hat (again!!!!). Next she went for baby Mara's hat... apparently she didn't feel it was appropriate apparel!!!
And baby Scott, the best Donkey. Good thing the kids didn't realize that Mary was actually supposed to ride him!
Great fun was had by all, the entire thing lasted 3 minutes and 45 seconds (that includes both an opening and closing song), Pearl loved watching the video. I think she's satisfied with her efforts to "bring peace to the earth." Her other tactic, which included following the preschoolers around and lecturing them about how they're not supposed to think about presents, but about baby Jesus, I think did not have as good of an effect as the play!