Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Day

Yes, I know, I'm finally getting around to Christmas pictures. Still feeling guilty I never posted any thanksgiving ones, but oh well!!
This is all the kids waiting to go upstairs to see what Santa got them. I think the kiddos were a bit under the weather this year, because Pearl started crying about how she just wanted breakfast (I think her stomach was hurting), so we all had oatmeal before we checked out our goodies. Which was just as well, we didn't have to emerge from the toy mess upstairs for quite a while!
Max got a leap frog spinny toy from Santa that he absolutely loves. The concentration on his little face as he bats it to make it spin and sing is adorable!
He also got a new bug and firefly from Sam and Pearl. By this point (about 3 presents in) he was ready to go down for a nap. So was I, but I didn't get to!
Sam got his own Wii remote (which he was under-impressed with until we played a few games), a playmobil pirate set, a batman toy, some blocks, and an assortment of "cool" things from the dollar store purchased by Pearl.
Here he is modeling his new towel from PBK. Max got the bear and Pearl got the kitty.
Setting up the Wii. They got the hang of it later. The Wii fit is for me, I just tried it this morning and I really did like it. The kids were pretty good about playing with me or on their own, either way I actually got a workout in!
Pearl's pearl necklace from Santa (I think Santa might have gone to China to get it, Daddy saw one just like it when he was over there...) She also got her own remote and a selection of dollar store toys from Sam. Apparently that shopping trip was the highlight of their vacation.
And, her favorite, a whole set of littlest pet shop toys. Oh, the fun Sam and Pearl had with those that day! They've actually been playing together a LOT and taking turns sleeping together in each other's beds. It makes me happy to see them be such good friends!

It was a fun Christmas. The children loved playing together and we loved having all sorts of family near by. We truly are blessed!

No comments: