Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Max is 5 Months

I know, five months already? Where does the time go!!!
Max continues to be a sweet baby. His favorite things to watch are still Sam and Pearl - I think they will always be the most entertaining part of his life. Pearl especially responds to his ready smile whenever he sees her. "He must just love me," she says. Yes, Pearl, I think he does!
We are still so proud of his few chubby thigh rolls, I know only moderately impressive, but hey, I'm Pearl and Sam's mom... I'll take whatever chubs I can get!
What a smiley boy! He still only naps for 45 minutes at a time (which is not my favorite) but he goes down pretty well, and still sleeps pretty good at night (gets up a few times to eat, but goes right back to sleep.) He also goes to bed at 7, which absolutely saves me!
Among his new skills are sitting up better in his bumbo chair (especially with the tray on), getting really good at playing with toys, and his most often used skill, rubbing his eyes. Thus the small scabs all around that area. I swear, I do cut his fingernails... He has also been known to get his soothie back into his own mouth on occasion - a skill I highly encourage!
I know, I complained a lot about being fat and pregnant, but just look at that face!!! Totally worth it.

2 comments:

Maryann said...

Oh the chubs!!! I noticed his thighs right away since it was so unlike your previous babies. I can't believe he's five months and I still haven't met him in person. His baby announcement is still on the fridge
(next to baby Maya's) and Rivers likes to point at it and say, "There's baby Max." The girls are going to be confused at why he looks nothing like the picture on the fridge when we get out there.

Underwood's in Cali said...

So worth it. he is SO dang cute!