Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baby News

Jared thinks I should include a picture of my belly. I'm pretty sure I want no recollection of just how HUGE I was with this baby. Some things are better left to the imagination. Suffice it to say that the receptionist noticed a change in my size in the 5 days since my last Dr's appointment, and the Dr says this will be my biggest baby. She's predicting 8 1/2 pounds, a pretty significant change from my largest so far, which was 7 lbs 1 oz. I sure hope she still comes out in one push!

So... not much going on still. I'm 50% effaced, 1 1/2 cm dialated, but the baby is hanging out so high up, the Dr had a hard time finding her heartbeat and had to get the ultrasound machine out to make sure she was still head down. So, even though my body is trying to be in labor, if baby doesn't cooperate, it's a no go. Stinker. I did get an eviction date, October 7th, which is a relief. After my last appointment, this was the soonest I could have hoped for. So, now we're mere days (well, like 10, which is better than two weeks...) away from a certian end, maybe I can relax and be patient. Maybe. The Dr kept saying she hopes I go on my own, and I certianly do too, but it feels better knowing that there IS an end to this, because I'm not counting on this baby ever wanting to leave. Maybe it's a foreshadowing of things to come... she will be the youngest. Either she's really stubborn or she's a homebody. I keep trying to tell her that it's great out here... maybe she fears change (which may be a genetic trait...). Oh well, I guess I'll just keep thinking of crazy projects to get done so we can just relax when she finally makes an appearance!

No comments: