Friday, September 9, 2011

Orko

Did you know that Netflix is streaming season one of He-Man? I totally remember that show. Apparently, it was 1983, and I was very impressionable. I didn't remember much about it, except for the "I HAVE THE POWER" and that He-Man was COOL. Sam is in love. Then Pearl watched She-Ra, Princess of Power. Now she's hooked. So, the kids decided they wanted to be He-Man and She-Ra for Halloween. Yeah, take a look at them some time. They totally have no clothes on. Wish me luck!

So, Max gets to be Orko. I didn't think he'd really care, I tried giving him Pearl's old black witch hat, but he threw it on the ground and said "RED." Apparently, he likes He-Man too. Orko is He-Man's sorcerer friend... here he is:
And this is our version:

I am especially proud of the hat. I love the hat! It fits him perfectly and it's extra stiff so the brim stays out of his eyes. And the ears are adorable:)
He wore it tonight as soon as it was finished, he wanted to wear it to bed, but I vetoed that one. He knows Orko does magic, so he walks around wiggling his fingers and making "magic" sounds. Pretty dang adorable if you ask me! And I JUST realized that the O is supposed to be black, not white... I'll have to fix that tomorrow.
So, here's my crazy for the day:) My office is a MESS, and I'm about 30 seconds away from being declared full term (37 weeks tomorrow!!!) I think I'll clean the office in the morning. Hopefully, she doesn't come tonight. Yeah! One costume down, two to go!

No comments: