Saturday, September 10, 2011

She-Ra

No, I haven't cleaned up the office yet. Instead, I spent the morning working on Pearl's She-Ra accessories. I was waiting for her leotard and skirt to come in the mail, so I didn't think I'd be able to finish it today, but, as a plesant surprise, our nice mailman delivered them to us at 10:00 this morning, so I was able to finish the whole thing (which, if you know me, makes me SO HAPPY, I love it when a project is DONE!!!).

The real She-Ra (see below) is somewhat skanky. She's also very gold with lots of wings. Sam thought that if he was getting a muscle shirt, that I should order Pearl some boobies. No. Not a chance.
So, not only did I have to make it modest, but Pearl already has these silver boots she picked out to wear this year... so as not to let an opportunity go to waste, we went for a silver She-Ra. I figure, nobody really remembers what she looks like, right? So, she's minus the wings and the skank, and here's our version!
I probably should have made the cape a little bit longer and fuller... but guess what, it's done, and I just don't care, and Pearl thinks it's great!
I'm not sure where to put the sword... seriously, She Ra has no clothes, where on earth does she keep her scabbard? I think Pearl will just have to carry it, but I promised her we'd glue a jewel to it.
Now we're just waiting for Sam's muscle shirt! I made the shorts already, he says they're not short enough (He Man wears booty shorts) but I reminded him that we're trying to be modest...

2 comments:

Lora said...

Amy, these costumes are SOOO cute! You never cease to amaze me! Is Ruby going to be Battlecat? :)

Amy said...

Lora - Ha, no, but maybe we can rig something up for Maya:) She Ra does have a magical unicorn pegasus....