Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random thoughts

Yesterday I asked Sam if he had a good day at school. "well, it was kind of a good day and kind of a bad day."
"did you get your name on the board?"
"yes"
"Oh, were you not listening again?"
"no, Joshua said something mean to my friend so I threw his boot at him"
"WHAT!!!! You threw a boot at someone's head?"
"No, it hit his hiney(sp?). Then he pushed me on the ground and I fell on my hiney."

I'm very afraid of parent teacher conferences this year.

Having a baby girl to dress up is so much more like playing dollies than having a baby boy. It just is. She's pretty much perfect, she's sleeping 4 hours at night, and for the last 4 or so nights she's been on the same schedule, which is nice for me. I like schedules and predictability. Today she took her naps in her cribs (she has one in Max's room and one in my room) and she ate only every 3 hours all day. Love her!

Somehow, when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant, I decided it would be a good idea to plant an entire bed of pie making pumpkins. Well, today Jared started cleaning out the garden, so I harvested a wagonload of the little beauties, and decided to roast and puree a batch. I'm smart enough to try to bake something with the first batch before I decide to puree the rest of the 100 pounds of pumpkin... so I made pumpkin pie tonight. Which means my kitchen is a mess. Which means I had to get in the big bathtub with Ruby tonight because her sink was less than sanitary. (I totally didn't mind that part, though, we like our baths:) Where do I come up with these ideas? Oh, yeah, too many cooking blogs. Pies just out of the oven, so I don't even know the verdict yet... we'll find out tomorrow morning at breakfast time. Mmmmmm. I hope. The puree was a bit watery... I'll have to strain the rest. See? I'm totally crazy. I GAVE BIRTH like not even two weeks ago, and I'm talking about pureeing pumpkin. Somebody, stop me!

Pearl loaded the dishwasher tonight. Love having a big girl around! She complains about how hard the exercises are at taekwondo, but I've caught her doing extra sit ups and pushups every night. Last night she told me she did it because she wants to keep her belly slim and trim, because she thinks it would be hard to carry a big belly around. Really? Thanks, Pearl:) Did I make it look that terrible?

I miss Taekwondo. I haven't even gotten to wear my green belt yet. I think I'll start again next week, and hope I don't tear any stitches or anything.

Ok, I must go to bed so I don't fall asleep and drop the baby at midnight. Or at 4 in the morning. And maybe it will be easier to roll out of bed and be kind to my children in the morning if I try to get enough sleep tonight...

3 comments:

Mary L. said...

I wish I had had Sam as my friend in school :). Beautiful family, Amy. I'm so happy for you.

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

I think you are amazing!!!! I canned peaches, green beans and salsa when Clayton was 2 weeks old. I know how it is to feel a little crazy at that point! I think Ruby is so beautiful! And now, after reading your blog and looking at your cute pictures on the sidebar, I now have the "Max and Ruby" theme song stuck in my head.

Anonymous said...

Amy, you are an unstoppable force! Can I borrow a little bit of that? :0) Ooooh, pumpkin pie in the morning. With a side of vanilla icecream? Can't get any better than that! Pearl is an amazing young lady. I love her! She walked Emit to the bathroom yesterday because he couldn't remember where they were at in the building. She volunteered all on her own. It's amazing how much a good nights sleep can make or break a day! Hope you can get lots of sleep! It was fun chatting with you yesterday. Can't wait until all my girls are better so that we can visit! We should meet up at your place and go walking in the morning sometime! Let me know if you want to!