Monday, October 10, 2011

In the mind of Sam...

This year for the primary program, (a program where the children all speak in the main meeting at church), the presidency asked us to ask the children about a topic and e-mail them the responses, so that the children could have parts in their own words. My children were asked to comment about the topic "my body is a temple."

Pearl said lots of normal expected things...

treat our bodies with respect, take baths and keep our bodies clean and brush our teeth and floss, and don't get tatoos or piercings, wear modest clothing, go to bed on time, and eat healthy food.

Sam, on the other hand, had a not-so-typical response:

the same thing as her, except for different stuff, important stuff like don't try to die and don't break rules and tell the truth and if you want to go for yourself don't listen to your mother and father. Don't hold your breath for too long because you might do it forever and die. Try to keep your balance, try to get out of mischief becuase you could get a spanking and that would get an owie. Think smart thoughts. If you need glasses, put them on. Save your dessert for after dinner. Don't do too much screen time because your eyes will get swirly.

I was furiously typing on my phone at the time, and may have missed a word here or there, but you get the gist. Seriously, this boy kills me. As in, tears streaming down my face trying to keep the laughter in as he was talking. "important stuff, like don't die" Where does he come up with this stuff! He's so smart, just this week I realized that he reads well enough to read scriptures with us in the morning, and yet, most of the time, I feel like his mind is a million miles away... though I guess the advice about not holding your breath forever is timely for some:) I am very curious to see just what poor Sister Seymour comes up with as a part from this raw material. At the very least, I hope she gets a good laugh out of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam cracks me up!!! I love his creative mind! There's never a dull moment with little Sam around! He's the life of the party!