Saturday, October 1, 2011

Meeting the Fam






The kiddos didn't end up coming to the hospital to see the baby. They were busy with school and piano lessons (what a mean mom I am!) and we kept thinking we were going home soon, so they stayed up late and didn't get to meet her until we got home. They were SO EXCITED - I think Sam even more so than Pearl. Sam is the one who has been talking to my belly the most, asking me occasionally if she's going to be cute, and otherwise interested in the baby. I think they're going to have a special relationship... once, while we were at Target about a year and a half ago, he asked me where she was. I think he knew she was coming:) There has been a flurry of handwashing and holding her last night and this morning, I don't think she minds too much.

So the kids are happy to meet her... Max... not so much. His attitude hasn't changed since she got home, we're hoping for some progress in the near future, but not holding our breath...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Ruby Lu is beeee-au-ti-ful! She is soo precious! Yep, it looks like Max will definitely need time to adjust to a little body smaller than him. Sam's huge grin is adorable! How fun for you and your little family. It's amazing and humbling to know that she was sent fresh from heaven, from the presence of our Heavenly Father and Savior. How wonderful and glorious and sacred.

Maryann said...

awwwww...There's a picture of me holding Crystal like that. I'm so happy that Pearl has a baby sister.

Maryann said...

And I'm in love with Sam's smile in the third picture down. How sweet is that?