Sunday, July 12, 2009

And they call the thing RODEO...

We went to the Folsom Rodeo for the first time this fourth of July. It was so fun!

Thanks to Grandma Hulbert, both Pearl and Sam were decked out like cowboys and cowgirls:)

Sam adored the whole thing...the rickety bleachers, the cattle wrestling, the bucking broncos...
They had all the kids come into the arena to look for money and have a dance contest... Sam kept trying to escape his dad's notice so he could go ride a horse. That didn't work out for him so well.
My favorite part was the skydiver who landed in the arena with a huge american flag. Super cool. It was fun, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone else as pregnant as I was... sitting that long on wooden bleachers not so fun. Towards the end, while they were getting the fireworks ready, Pearl and I went to the car and spread out a blanket to lie on and watch the fireworks. That was great!

The next morning, Sam woke up super early (considering we didn't get home until like midnight) and said "Where's my hat? I need to be a cowboy! Let's go to the RODEO!!!!" Apparently, it was a big hit!

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Amy...I had no idea that you lived on so much land. Very cool. You kids are cute and # three will be fun...three wasn't too bad for me. My second was almost four when he was born. As for #5...she's been a great baby, but 5 kids has been crazy. I'm anxious to see pictures when baby is born.

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Too cute! I love your little cowpokes! That's what I live with. Everyday. We missed the Fur Trade Days & 4th of July rodeos here - hopefully we can catch the county fair rodeo before I pop - and yes, I'll endure the bleachers in my condition. We're almost there! Hang in there!

Grammie Norie and Poppy Vern said...

Your family is just darling! And you do a great job behind the camera! Hugs, Lenora

Uncle Johnny said...

The Folsom Rodeo is awesome. Cute Cowboy and Cowgirl. Sam should do mutton-bustin.