Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baby Max is here!!!!

After 39 weeks of waiting, Max is here! We are so happy he decided to actually come!!
Labor and delivery were normal, no major complications (except when the drugs from my epidural ran out - fortunately the nice anesthesiologist came and fixed me up before anything got too bad...). I was worried that this one would be harder to push out - I've never carried a baby this long and my last one was a 6 pounder, but he came out just like he was supposed to in about 3 pushes.
Daddy with the new baby.
Pearl meets Max
Sam meets his new roommate! Well eventually they will be roomies...
Stats
Can you believe the hair? I used to look at fat bald babies and think they were so cute. Apparently I only make the somewhat scrawny hairy variety:)
This boy is already a champion sucker... he is nursing perfectly except he wants to suck ALL THE TIME, so out comes the trusty soothie. As I write this post, he's been going to town on it for like 45 minutes. I love it how the pacifier is as big as his head!

One funny story...

So, we spent sunday night in labor and delivery triage and I was only dialated to a 3 and thick, so they sent me home with some drugs so I could sleep through the contractions. So, that was nice, and at about 11 or 12 monday the contractions that make you wish you were dead started, but they were like 15 minutes apart for 4 or 5 hours. Finally, they came down to 8-10 minutes apart, but STRONG so I told Jared it was time to go. We dropped the kids off at my mom's house, and decided to get a bite to eat before we went in. I was still like 7 or 8 minutes apart, and didn't want to be sent home AGAIN, so we decided to go to Chipotle. I was going to wait in the car, but decided it might be good for me to walk a bit, so in I went. Just as it was my turn to order, I had a contraction and had to pause for a minute - I think the women behind me were looking at me a little strange, as in, why is this lady in labor in Chipotle? Well, we finished ordering and Jared realized that his wallet was in the bag we were taking into the hospital, so he had to run to the car to get it. While I was waiting, the nice lady behind the counter asked me when I was having my baby. "Hopefully in the next few hours" I told her. The lady behind me in line hit her husband and said "I told you so!" and that sparked some stimulating labor conversation. Well, the nice lady behind the counter said "you don't have to wait for your husband" and carried my food to a table for me while Jared paid. Then, she comes to check on me a few times, and the last time she brought me cards for a free burrito and told me to bring the baby in. Never would have thought of this as a ploy to get a free dinner, but apparently it worked! After dinner I was admitted and had the baby about 5 hours later. Yeah Chipotle!

We are so glad Max is here and healthy!

14 comments:

Brandon and Amber said...

Congrats Amy! I checked out your blog from facebook. So glad that you have a healthy baby and everything went well.

Anita Sarah Jackson said...

Congratulations dear Amy!!! I miss you and love reading about your family. I'm in the Bay Area-- maybe sometime we could get ourselves and our families together!

xo,
Anita

momof5foxes said...

Happy Baby!! I love his blonde curls! They say the third is the make or break kid....Cade was my third, and definitely was a challenge! We nearly considered ourselves done....but we had two more! I have a blog as well here..
cutestfamilyever.blogspot.com
I am adding this one to my list..you are a very entertaining writer!
Congrats again, and enjoy the little one..they don't last nearly long enough!

Tami Casper said...

Amy,
He is ADORABLE!!!! Congratulations! I can't get over ALL that hair. What a sweet little boy. I love, love, love his name! Good job...and I'm so impressed you have photos posted to your blog ALREADY!

Darlene Anderson said...

He could not be any cuter; what a blonde hunk! I'm so glad he's here and I'm impressed you're already blogging....you're a pro at this Mom stuff!

Jared and Amber said...

Congratulations!!! He is very cute! I'm glad you all are doing well!

Millie @ The Busy Butlers said...

Impressive, Amy! A 7 pounder! He is so darling - I can't believe all that beautiful hair. So glad everything went well for both of you. Just 2 more weeks or so for us...

grams grewe said...

So happy for all of you. He is so cute.

Lynn said...

Well, congratulations. He's a cutie. And I'm a fan of whispy, even full heads of hair on babies. None of mine were bald, and I loved their soft fuzzy heads. And I loved your chipotle story.

Larsen Family said...

He is so cute! I am so happy everything went well. Can't wait to meet him!

Underwood's in Cali said...

How exciting!! Yeah for you and baby Max. Your food run makes me laugh. Max is beautiful- congrats!

garian said...

Congratulations! So much hair!! It cracks me up you went to Chipotle. Brave girl.

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

Yeah! What a doll! You must have a great recipe!! I can't wait to hold him!....and kiss his feet!! I bet Pearl is a great help and that Sam is a fantastic big brother! Great job!!! I LOVE the Chipotle story... that's our "make it happen" place to eat... kinda like a good luck charm idea. We eat Chipotle if we what something good to happen (like bringing home a baby from the hospital early, getting a new job, buying a house... yada yada yada)... I'm glad to see that it works for you too!! LOL

Elizabeth said...

My WORD am I behind!!! Congratulations!!! Glad everything went smooth as can be!