Friday, July 3, 2009

Races



Ok, just a few more vacation posts...

One thing that was so fun was that thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Weir all of the kids got two wheel bikes this year, so we taught them about races. Pretty much, this is how it went.

Pearl was VERY into it, she was so excited about winning. Unfortunately, though she is three years older, she is not the most coordinated of the cousins. She did win the running races, at least, the advantage of much longer legs!

Lizzie creamed them every time in the bike races. She's been practicing! She's also very coordinated for a three year old:)

Sam thought it was great fun. Most of the time, he would forget to start because he was so happy looking at the other kids. He kind of needed a one on one support adult to participate. When he would finally get to the finish line, he was pretty sure that he won too!

Jack did pretty good, especially as the only 2 year old. I think he just really liked that he could ride bikes with the other kids... it's hard to be the youngest, sometimes.

With 4 Weir grand babies being born this year, I'm sure there will be more races to come...

1 comment:

Andy, Beth and Jennah, too! said...

I love this picture of the kids running... what's really weird is that I totally remember Annie and Jason the size of your kids... It made me tear up!... We SERIOUSLY need to get together... I just don't want to bug you getting ready for new baby and all... YOU tell me when the best time to come is... and I'll so be there!! A Weir/Birchfield Reunion!!!