Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fire Shoes

As I am STILL waiting for baby, I have gotten ultra prepared. This includes school shopping for Pearl and Sam. I think they are both ready now, until the cold weather hits. Yesterday, we went to the mall and Pearl picked out her first day of school dress and we got new shoes for the kiddos. Nordie's was having a sale, so Pearl got new church shoes and new lightweight tennies for the winter. Sam got some Keens (which I think will be really good for him, especially since it will be HOT for like two months after school starts) and he picked out some Vans with flames on them (picture pending, I promise). Well, you can guess which ones he likes better. Whenever we get new shoes, we try them out to "see how fast we can run." Well, the "fire shoes" are super fast, apparently, because I turned around to hand the shoe boxes to the clerk and he was gone. Gone gone. Like, panicking, other moms searching, calling the security guard gone. Well, it was probably only like 3 or 4 minutes, but it felt like FOREVER that one of the clerks found him running through the girls clothes. He runs up to me, very happy and excited. "Mom, I run FAR!!!" Yeah Sam, I noticed. Now let me padlock you into the stroller so I can go pay...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my word, I would've flipped!! Glad he got so much joy out of the new flaming shoes...