Friday, July 3, 2009

Fish Market

So, pretty much the only request Jared had besides visiting the aquarium was to find a fish market and buy and cook some fish. I mean, you just have to at the beach, right?

Well we tried a few, but the one we ended up at was Phil's Fish Market in Moss Landing. It was super cool. The kids really enjoyed looking at the fish with him. He ended up buying tuna steaks, which he then had fun cooking.
Pearl meets an oyster.
Sam and the lobsters
While we were out on our fish buying adventure, the rest of my family was building a bonfire at the beach. The kids and I went down there while Dad was geeking out about his fish and garlic oil and whatnot. While we were there, Pearl suddenly shouts "There's a fish on the beach!" We ran over to find a baby Dolphin (about 3 feet long) beached on the shore. It had some cuts on it's belly, and blood on it's tail. Well, Uncle Peter and Uncle Tim couldn't let it just sit there. So, they very patiently help it work it's way back past the waves. I hope it made it. I just wish I had my camera! I think Annie got some pics, I'll add them to this post later. It was very exciting for the kids, they got to touch it before it made it back. Pearl kept saying the rest of the night, "I have sharp eyes. Don't you think I have sharp eyes? I was the first one to see that fish."

No comments: