Monday, July 20, 2009

New Pool!!!

Well, this summer it's been a race... what will come first, the baby or the pool? Apparently, much to my disappointment, the pool is the winner. Oh well. At least I can sit in the water until the baby comes out.
Well, it's not REALLY done yet... we just had to try it out anyway! They did the plaster this morning, and when I walked past at about 11:00, the hose was in the pool, and it was being filled with water! How exciting! I knew the kids would be SO HAPPY, so after lunch, we walked out there and Grandpa said we could try it out!!!! Yeah!!!
The water wasn't that deep yet, I wasn't planning on getting all that wet... apparently, I should have worn my suit!

The reason it looks so small is because it IS so small... it's really a big spa/exercise pool. The two big circles at the top in the back are jets that make a current for swimming (like an aquatic treadmill). Actually, you can walk in the current too. We decided to put it in for Great Grandpa Hulbert as he likes to swim for exercise. It's about 18 feet long - perfect for the kids to swim the length:) This will definitely be a relief to the 105+ temps we've had for the past week!

2 comments:

Underwood's in Cali said...

HI!! Ahh, you'll love the pool. It has been SO nice to have during this past heat wave. Sorry no baby yet. Let me know when you're up for getting together again.

Jared and Amber said...

That looks wonderful!!! Grandma was telling me about it and was just excited about it... how fun for all of you! Swimming aerobics...well just swimming is amazing! Enjoy it!