Wednesday, July 8, 2009

grateful

Ok, so I know I complain about being pregnant A LOT. And, I'm fairly nervous to have three kids to take care of... two is so easy, especially when they're three and six and Sam's potty trained and they play so well together...

Anyways, Jared had some business associates in town from China for several weeks, and he invited them up for dinner at our house. After making dinner (always more exhausting than it seems it will be) and having had a very full day, I was TIRED. Then, of course, Sam has a potty accident while we're eating, and I think, I really can't handle this. I just can't.

Later on, one of the guys was watching Sam and Pearl play. They were playing the "Pearl thinks she can pick Sam up game but she really can't" so it kind of turns into a bear hug with Sam lifting his feet off of the floor. He mentioned to me how lucky I am. He has a son a little older than Sam, and that is all of the children he is allowed. He was so sad that his son would never have a playmate like my kids have.

So, I am grateful. Grateful I am strong enough and have the ability to carry these babies. Grateful that I can make my own choices (yes, I know I have only myself to blame for the craziness that is about to ensue...) I'm even grateful that I haven't delivered yet, (only after many lectures from my mother, the NICU dietician...). Grateful to have such good kids already, hopefully Max follow suit! Grateful to have such a great husband who works so hard to support us so well. I'll probably still complain, like about the parts where I can't even cut my own toenails or shave my legs or the fact that I have to get all the way up just to turn over at night, but this too shall pass... soon, I hope:)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow...thanks for sharing that, great blog post! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes wonderfully well!!

Anonymous said...

Man, that makes you stop and think, it's good to see things from a different perspective sometimes. So good to be grateful.
Mom H

garian said...

Amen sister!